Brisket + Spinach Breakfast Bake ~ It’s that time of year when you need to feed a crowd again. Sometimes this can be a good thing filled with merriment and fun while other times it can be well … a bit more challenging and hectic. The great thing about crowd feeding is that you can make a large batch of something and then get back to the important things such as catching up with old friends or sharing in some holiday cheer. As a kid, every Christmas morning, my mom would throw something similar as this breakfast bake into the oven while we all sat around wiping the sleep from our eyes opening presents and the house filled with warm and delicious smells. This Brisket + Spinach Breakfast Bake can be put together in a matter of minutes and made even the night before if needed and may be served pretty much anytime of day in my opinion. Add a side of fresh fruit or some hash browns then wash it all down with a hot cup of coffee or your favorite cocktail and well … nice work, you just fed your crowd.
Oh and just a thought … this dish would also be an egg-cellent New Year’s Day (recovery) idea to enjoy a little morning peace and quite with.
|Prep Time||10-15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||30-40 Minutes|
- 1 Pound smoked brisket chopped
- 6 Cups loosely packed spinach
- 8 Large eggs
- 8-10 Slices Bread I used whole wheat, crust cut off
- 2 Cups moterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 Clove garlic minced
- 2 Teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Cup sour cream optional for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using the Tablespoon of butter grease a 9X13 dish and place crust free bread along the bottom of the dish to cover the entire area. Once the bottom of the entire dish is covered set aside.
- Next, In a large bowl whisk together eggs, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper. Once combined, add in spinach and cheese and gently stir together until well combined and set aside.
- Place chopped brisket evenly over the layer of bread in the prepared dish. Then slowly pour the egg mixture over the top evenly until all of it is used. Place the brisket and spinach breakfast bake into the oven for 30-40 minutes or until eggs are set and slightly golden on top. Remove from the oven and serve with a dollop of sour cream over each serving piece.
Leave a Reply