I love fried eggs. They are really good on top of almost anything –– in fact, just yesterday, I had one on top of a hamburger (whoa!) for the first time and it just proved this “theory” of mine to be true. I must say though that there’s something magical about a fried egg oozing over a really fresh spinach salad that makes me think –– THIS is the best way to eat a fried egg. Runny and hot out of the pan eggs slightly wilt the spinach and take things to a whole new level of flavor. Finish this salad off with some perfectly sweet, crispy carrots, gorgeous candied-stripped beets (AKA Chioggia beets) and some whimsical fennel and it’s an Easter Salad with Fried Eggs for your favorite bunnies to enjoy.
|Prep Time||10-15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||2-6 Minutes|
- 4 Medium eggs
- 5 Cups fresh spinach chopped
- 1 Medium chioggia beet thinly sliced
- 1 Large carrot shaved
- 1 Cup fennel stalk and leaves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl combine 1 Tablespoon olive oil, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix together well and set aside.
- In a large bowl add spinach, carrots, fennel and beets. Pour dressing over the top and gently toss together until well combined. Divide salad into four even portions onto serving plates and set aside.
- Place a small to medium saute pan over medium high heat and add in remaining Tablespoon of olive oil. Let warm up for 30-45 seconds then add in one to two eggs at a time depending on the pan. Cook eggs for 1-2 minutes before flipping over then continue to cook for another 30 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes - until desired runniness is met. Continue process until all four eggs are cooked. Place one egg over each salad portion, salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Leave a Reply