When I was a kid I became obsessed with all things strawberry. From my scented strawberry shortcake dolls to my love of strawberry flavored maple syrup on my morning pancakes to angel food cakes smothered in fresh strawberries and whipped cream – it was a thing but I guess this could be considered a “healthy obsession” perhaps? I still in fact enjoy all of those things –– yes, I still love those strawberry shortcake dolls and I’m thrilled they have found a loving new home to play in. Now that adulthood and parenthood are here I think the strawberry could use an upgrade into something more sophisticated and well … adult. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate Mother Earth and her day than with a berry-licious toast. Sweet spring strawberries dancing around basil scented wine makes for a refreshing cocktail in Strawberry Basil Sangria ~ Cheers!
|Prep Time||5-10 Minutes|
- 3-4 Cups fresh strawberries stems removed and sliced
- 1 750 ml bottle white wine sauvignon blanc, pinot grigio or other crisper white favorite
- 1/2 Cup vodka
- 1/4 Cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 Cup triple sec
- 2 Cups sparkling water
- Place 2 cups of fresh strawberries into a large serving pitcher along with the fresh basil and muddle together for 1-2 minutes. Next add in triple sec and vodka and continue to muddle for another minute.
- Pour white wine over the top and gently stir together. Place pitcher in the refrigerator for 2 hours up to over night before serving. Remove from the refrigerator, add in sparkling water and gently stir. Pour out into glasses, garnish with a strawberry and serve.
Leave a Reply