Dark Chocolate Orange Rum Balls ~ Holy balls of holiday goodness! We adults can all use a little fun and special treat around this time of year, amiright? Sure … we can decorate the sugar cookies like nobody’s business, and drink in the egg nog with the best of them but, I am talking a little ball of special something with a no kids allowed attitude. Let’s face it we all need a break sometimes and these little spheres of dark chocolate-y sweetness could be just the ticket. Have a friend or neighbor that needs something extra this year? Wrap a few of these up in a cute little box or tin and share a smile. There really is something great about having a few of these on-hand (or in this case in your hand) and popping them on in. Who doesn’t love food in ball form?
Roll them in fun colors of sugar for an added crunch and pop of color or stick to the classic –– powdered sugar.
Add in your holiday bling and get poppin’. Watch me make them over on Studio 512 with the hostess with the mostess Amanda Tatom as we get in the holiday spirit(s).
|Prep Time||5-10 Minutes|
- 2 1/2 Cups chocolate wafers
- 1 Cup pecans
- 1 Cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup rum substitute orange juice for non-alcoholic version
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Cup confectioners sugar plus extra for rolling
- 1/2 Cup olored sugar for rolling optional
- In a food processor, place chocolate wafers, chocolate chips, orange zest, and pecans and pulverize together until everything turns to crumb size and set aside. In a medium bowl, add Rum, sugar, and honey and whisk together until completely combined. Add Rum mixture into the cookie mixture and stir gently together until combined. Cover mixture and set bowl into the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or over night until dough is set and rum is incorporated in.
- Now you are ready to start rolling out the balls. Roll balls into about 1 inch diameter and them roll into either powdered sugar serve.
Leave a Reply