Honey Mustard Broccoli Chicken ~ There has been a slight theme going on around these parts as of late, have you noticed? I’ve been all about the e-a-s-y weeknight dinner. This is not a new trend for me, or anyone for that matter, but I have been trying to add more and more options to our weeknight family meals. This is mainly in part due to the fact that we are in the thick of the school year and life with elementary aged kids –– so I look at this as more of a survival tactic, to get us through until spring break at least. This week I’ve added this Honey Mustard Broccoli Chicken dish into our weeknight madness I mean, repertoire. The small cuts of chicken cook up quickly while the sliced broccoli gets hot but remains crunchy with a sweet and slightly tangy sauce. This pairs well over a bed of quinoa, couscous, or brown rice if you want it to be a little heartier and it happens to be gluten free if that’s your thing. I made this recipe over at Studio512 yesterday with the always lovely Amanda Tatom –– you can watch that video below in the meantime pause and take a moment, you deserve it.
|Prep Time||10-15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||6-10 Minutes|
- 1 Pound fresh chicken breasts - boneless & skinless, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 Pound fresh broccoli cut into strips
- 1/2 Cup onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Large clove garlic minced
- 1 Cup milk or water
- 1/4 Cup mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 Cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- ace milk and corn starch into a medium bowl and whisk together until the corn starch is fully dissolved. Next add in mustard, honey, salt, and pepper and whisk together well then set aside.
- Place a large pan over medium high heat and add in olive oil, garlic, and onions. Sauté for 1 minute then add in the chicken while continuing to sauté for another 3 minutes. Next, add broccoli into the pan and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes. Finally, reduce heat to low and add in the honey mustard mixture. Stir until well combined, remove from heat and add in fresh cilantro , give a final stir then serve.
Leave a Reply