I can’t even begin to tell you how happy it makes me to see fresh-off-the-tree peaches at the farmers markets and that these sweet and juicy treats even grow in Texas. It is one of my all time, top of the list, favorite fruits. Why not take something you love and try to pair it up into something you love even more –– dessert! There are those combos that I just adore: such as a sweet dish paired with a savory dish at brunch time, or a well-chilled glass of wine paired with hot n’ spicy food at dinner, and then … there are the classic desserts where the worlds of hot and cold collide on a plate –– yes please. Warm Peach & Blackberry Crumble is that combo. Poppin’ blackberries intertwined with scrumptious peaches with a crumbling buttery topping served over ice cream –– a little bit of summer heaven.
|Prep Time||10-15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||20-30 Minutes|
- 8 Medium peaches pitted and chopped
- 1 Pint fresh blackberries
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 Cup rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Pint vanilla ice cream For Serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a heavy duty 8X8 or 9X9 pan add peaches and blackberries, gently stir together and set aside.
- In a small bowl add oats, flour, brown sugar and mix together. Next add in cold butter and using a pastry knife, forks or two knives blend butter while chopping into pea sized shapes. Once combined sprinkle over the top of the peach mixture. Place into the oven for 20-30 minutes until slightly golden and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven, serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Leave a Reply