Orange Cranberry Bread with White Chocolate Pecan Glaze ~ This week I am all about Texas citrus. One, to hopefully keep everyone healthy this holiday season –– believe me, we’ve had those holidays where we all try to avoid that one sick kiddo coughing up a storm in the house (or worse!) and it’s no fun. AND two, because … well, I just love fresh citrus of any kind –– before coffee came along I was a big glass of o.j. in the morning kinda girl. Along with the sweet tang of the season, I also become attracted to white chocolate. It’s not my go-to chocolate of choice, in fact I love the complete opposite –– dark chocolate –– but for some reason in the month of December it becomes a favorite.
One of the many things that I adore about this time of the year is giving food as gifts. There’s no greater way to share the love with your people than with a delicious treat, am I right? I made this sweet delight and while the smells warmed up the house, the little hands came around looking for a morsel to try –– just imagine this photo shoot. This Orange Cranberry Bread with White Chocolate Pecan Glaze is one such gift-worthy goodie during these festive times. Cranberries popping alongside sweet tangy orange bread then smothered in nutty, white chocolate pecan glaze might even be good enough to leave out for St. Nick, that is, if you don’t eat it all first.
|Prep Time||10-15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||55-65 Minutes|
- 2 Large oranges zest and juice
- 2 Cups fresh cranberries
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspon kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 ground cloves ground cloves
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Cups white chocolate chips
- 1 Cup pecans chopped and divided in half
- 1/4 Teaspoon orange juice see above
- 1 Teaspoon orange zest see above
For the Bread
for the glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 3 - 2 1/2 cup loaf pans well and set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, and set aside.
- In another large bowl, gently whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla, almost all of the zest from both oranges (reserving 1 teaspoon for the glaze) and the juice from one orange -- 1/4 cup. Once combined, slowly hand mix in half of the flour mixture. Next, add in the cranberries followed by the remaining flour mixture -- the batter will be slightly thick. Once combined, pour batter evenly out into prepared loaf pans. Place into the oven for 55-65 minutes or until slightly golden in color and a toothpick comes out clean. Once finished remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pans from 10-15 minutes before removing onto a cooling rack. Top with glaze and serve.
- Place a small pan over medium high heat and add in white chocolate chips, orange juice, orange zest and half of the pecans. Stir until well combined and the white chocolate is completely melted. If needed add in a tablespoon or two of water to lighten consistency of the glaze. Once finished drizzle over the bread loaves evenly and sprinkle each one with the remaining pecans evenly before serving.
Leave a Reply