Kale Salad with Honey Pomegranate Dressing ~ Something happens just before Halloween and continues until the New Year –– the calendar begins to fill up and the sugary treats seem to come out of nowhere. Many times you find yourself asking, “where did this comes from?” while looking down at your butter-soaked hand holding a fritter that you are about to consume. Between the holiday office parties, the school festivities, late night fun, and just getting together with friends –– food and drinks are always at the helm of it all. This Kale Salad with Honey Pomegranate Dressing is not just another pretty salad, this one is loaded with flavor and nutrition so you can get back on track after all of those good times that rolled you through the holiday season.
Kale –– this super green leafy cancer fighter is loaded with vitamins K, A & C, fiber, and has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Pomegranate Seeds –– helps reduce heart disease, is thought to reduce blood pressure and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Almonds –– one of the healthiest nuts around, high in vitamin E, Magnesium and has been associated with reducing the risk of heart disease with it’s monounsaturated fats (the same found in olive oil).
Navy Beans –– high in protein, fiber, and ferulic acid and has been known to reduce cholesterol levels.
Feta Cheese –– rich in flavor, this crumbly cheese is packed with vitamin A, calcium and riboflavin.
Eat well, my friends!
|Prep Time||10-15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||30 Minutes|
- 5 Cups fresh kale rinsed, patted dry and chopped
- 15 ounce can navy beans well drained
- 1 cup feta crumbled
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 small shallot peeled and finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Place a small pan over medium to low heat and add in shallots, olive oil, honey, apple cider vinegar and pomegranate seeds. Stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes until honey begins to dissolve. Once dissolved, remove from heat and set aside.
- Place kale, beans, feta and almond slivers into a large mixing bowl. Pour pomegranate dressing over the top and gently toss together. Finish salad with cracked black pepper and serve.
Leave a Reply