Oh boy, summer is here. We are only one week into our summer vacation time and I am already having to double check what the day is. This past Sunday at the farmers market made me realize –– oh, yes, there’s the heat that Texas is known for and it felt like our first real hot day. Hot days call for fresh light salads and cool sweet treats (but I will get to that later). Seeing cucumbers and tomatoes at the market while having a few friends in town and more people over for dinner, we came to the conclusion that we needed a good “make ahead” salad to go with our grilled meats. This easy Cucumber, Tomato & Red Onion Salad with Dilly Vinaigrette was the right choice for the evening –– light, slightly tangy, herbaceous and full of fresh Texas summer goodness.
|Prep Time||10-15 Minutes|
- 2 Medium cucumbers chopped
- 2 Medium tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 Medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place chopped cucumbers, tomatoes and red onions into a large bowl and top with fresh dill.
- In a small bowl whisk together apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over the cucumber salad and toss together. Serve salad right away or let in marinade in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours before serving.
Leave a Reply