I have had a long love affair with the Caprese salad. It’s not a complicated salad, in fact, I think it’s the simplicity that makes it so gosh darn delicious. Perfectly ripe, fresh summer tomatoes combined with tender mozzarella cheese and bright basil is an amazing combination. Tis’ the season for juicy tomatoes and with all of the summer entertaining going on this Quinoa Caprese Salad makes for a wonderful and easy (who couldn’t use a little of that right now?!) starter, side dish or even a hearty meal between the heat waves.
|Prep Time||10-15 Minutes|
- 4-5 Cups cooked quinoa
- 4 Cups fresh tomatoes chopped
- 8 Ounces fresh mozzarella cubed
- 1 Cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon cracked black pepper
- In a large bowl add quinoa, tomatoes and half of the mozzarella cheese. Next add the basil, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and gently toss together.
- Portion out servings into bowls and top each one with a few pieces of the remaining cheese. Serve.
Leave a Reply