Citrus Pecan Cheese Ball ~ We might not know who’s playing at the big game on February 5th but if your a “planner” like myself it’s never to early to start thinking about your game day menu. Sometimes you want a little more gusto or that little extra something to add to your evening or party but are short on time. The Citrus Pecan Cheese Ball is a quick and simple way to step-up that Super-Bowl party or get-together – game on! Sure, everybody loves to divulge into hot wings, chips and beer while watching the football game (who’s playing?) But … throw this into the bunch and you will be surprised to see how fast it gets gobbled up between the cheers and boos. Fresh creamy goat cheese (not a fan? easy, sub cream cheese), surrounded by hints of orange zest, dried cherries and herbs while smothered with Texas pecans served with crackers, veggies or bread – Go Team!
Start the party right!
|Prep Time||5-10 Minutes|
- 8 Ounces goat cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups pecans chopped
- 1 Cup dried cherries (or cranberries)
- 1 Large zest and juice
- 1/4 Cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 Cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, add goat cheese along with 1/2 cup of pecans and begin to mash together until mixed. Next add cherries, orange zest, orange juice, cilantro, parsley and cinnamon and continue to stir until well combined. With a large spoon begin to form a ball with the cheese mixture. In a separate bowl place remaining pecans and slowly roll the cheese ball into the pecans to coat the out side of the cheese ball - don't worry if it's not a perfect ball shape. Once all of the pecans are incorporated into the cheese ball, place a sheet of plastic wrap on a flat surface and place the cheese ball on top. Wrap the cheese up with the plastic wrap, covering the whole thing and using your hands gently continue to form the ball shape of the cheese.
- Place wrapped cheese ball into a bowl and place into the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with crackers, fruit, vegetables or bread.
Leave a Reply