Roasted Butternut Squash Ramen Bowls ~ There was a time when my only real comfort food was a big dish of Italian pasta. You know, a heaping bowl of hot steamy noodles with a light tomato sauce –– simple, yet, satisfying and well, comforting on a cool night. Over the years my tastebuds have evolved and grown to enjoy a wide array of comfort foods. My latest addiction of these has been ramen –– there’s just something about those noodles that makes me happy –– rich broth-y noodles loaded with flavor, yum. Now I am not talking about ramen from collage days that came in a square package shaped into a hard sponge-like form with some sort of mystery “flavoring” packet to mix up into the hot water –– no, no, no. I am talking about this Roasted Butternut Squash Ramen Bowls ––a rich vegetable stock with hot ramen, roasted butternut squash, cilantro, carrots slices, green onion, and a hard boiled egg aka a big bowl of comfort on a cool night.
|Prep Time||10-15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||40-45 Minutes|
- 1 Medium butternut squash peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 Cups vegetable stock
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Medium clove garlic minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Cup green onion chopped
- 2 Cups carrots chopped into strips
- 1 Cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2-3 Medium eggs soft or hard boiled sliced in half longways
- 1 6 Ounce package ramen noodles cooked as per instructions
- 2 Large heets of nori ripped into 1" squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chopped butternut squash onto a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Using a spoon or your hands toss the squash into the olive oil to coat. Once coated place into the oven and roast for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, use a spatula or a spoon or flip the squash over and then place back into the oven and continue to roast for another 10-15 minutes or until fork tender. Once tender remove from the oven and set aside.
- Place butter into a large pot over medium high heat. Add in garlic and let cook for 1 minute while gently stirring. Next add in vegetable broth, salt, and soy sauce, stir together and let heat up for 5-7 minutes or until almost boiling.
- Portion ramen noodles into serving bowls. Gently ladle broth over the noodles leaving some room at the top of each bowl. Top bowls with carrots, cilantro, eggs, green onion, nori pieces, and butternut squash. Serve.
Leave a Reply