Vegetable Mini Quiche with Bread Crumb Crust ~ Mother’s Day is such an important day and for me it has truly morphed into something even more special over the years. This has happened not just because I became a mother myself but with the the friendships I have developed with all types of moms from all over the world. Motherhood is evolving into an even bigger role these days with all of the ways one even becomes a mother –– birth, adoption, step-parenthood, surrogacy, fostering, life-stance.
I think now more than ever we need to recognize these beautiful women that help turn the babies and kids of the world into thriving, kindhearted, healthy adults. It’s a hard, tiring, and often times thankless job and it took me a long time to really understand just how demanding, draining, and stressful it can be both physically and mentally. I wouldn’t trade it for the world as I have two amazing kids and their sweet smiles make it all worth it. Through my own experiences I’ve not only gotten to know what I am capable of as a parent but also I’ve learned to deeply respect my own mother along the way.
My mother is not mine by birth but she’s always loved me as her own and for that I am forever grateful. She is the one that has been there for me and the one that got me in the kitchen cooking to begin with. So, this Mother’s Day, celebrate the ones that do the do. The ones that are there in the wee hours of the night. The ones that work the full-time job –– Motherhood is a FULL time J-O-B –– Thank YOU moms of the world!
This Vegetable Mini Quiche with Bread Crumb Crust recipe is a fun because the kids can really help put this one together for mom’s breakfast. Mix up the veggies, add in ham or different cheeses and create your own special brunch treat for mama. Oh and don’t forget the handmade cards, coffee and mimosas ~ Cheers to MOM!
|Prep Time||10-15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||20-25 Minutes|
- 5 Large eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Cups mixed vegetables sliced and chopped –– I used red, yellow, and orange peppers, leeks, broccoli florets, zucchini, parsley
- 4 Slices Bread
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
for the quiche
for the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a 12 holder muffin tin, grease with butter and set aside. Place 4 slices of bread into the food processor along with melted butter. Pulse until fine bread crumbs are formed. Pour bread crumb mixture evenly out into prepared muffin tin. Press bread crumbs into the tin firmly to form crust and seal the bottom of the quiches. Once all of the crusts are made set aside.
- In a large bowl add eggs, milk, salt and pepper and whisk together well. Next add in the cheddar cheese and give a final stir until well combined. Slowly pour egg mixture into prepared bread crumb crust pan evenly. Next top each quiche with desired vegetable mixes. Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Remove from the oven and serve.
Leave a Reply